My unwavering support of your family law needs will be met with diligence, honor, and dignity.
James R. Kirkland is a pillar of the family law community in the Dayton, Ohio area. He has over thirty-five (35) years of experience as an attorney and his practice consists exclusively of family law. He has handled countless cases over the years, ranging from divorce to child custody to complex property settlements.
Highlights of his career include:
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America
- Ohio Super Lawyer (2004 to present)
- Ohio Domestic Relations. Martial Property Rights (1987 to present)
- Ohio Domestic Relations Journal and Advisory Board
- OSBA Certified Specialist in Family Law
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- Numerous speaking engagements including for the Ohio State Bar Association and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Ohio Chapter.
- Martindale Hubbell A.A. Rating
His experience and professionalism have made him a valuable resource for both his clients and fellow attorneys throughout Ohio and the country. He has argued before the Ohio Supreme Court on several occasions and was a driving force behind a great deal of current case law. James Kirkland is an ambassador for the profession and advocate for his clients.
James R. Kirkland currently resides in the Dayton, Ohio area with his wife and is actively involved with his children and grandchildren.
Ohio and Federal Bar Association
The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law. J.D.
Ohio Wesleyan University. B.A.